Are you ready to move your business to the next level, but not sure how to get there? Get the business knowledge, management know-how, and networks you need to grow your small business. Think like a CEO to increase your revenue, create jobs, and positively impact your community.
In late spring 2020, Virginia Small Business Supplier Diversity is partnering with the SBDC – Lynchburg Region to present the Scaling4Growth program in Lynchburg. Scaling4Growth this Virginia’s brand of the Interise Streetwise MBA program. This six-month program is designed for business owners to learn how to scale their business by assessing their business model and becoming more efficient in areas of human resource, finance, social media, procurement and bank speak. This program is proven to help businesses increase their profitability.
There will be an information session at 6 pm on Tuesday, October 22 at the Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance, 300 Lucado Place, Lynchburg, VA 24504.
In order to be eligible for this free program, Small business owners interested in being considered MUST apply for the program and meet the minimum requirements:
- Must be a Virginia-based business
- In business at least three (3) years
- Revenue Between $250,000 and $10,000,000
- One other full-time person working in the company besides the majority owner and able to run the company while the owner is away.
- The majority owner is the participant (51% ownership or more); substitutes may not participate
- Certified as a SWaM (Small, Woman-owned, or Minority-owned) by the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (or be eligible to be SWaM certified by the beginning of the program).
- Willingness to complete all assignments on time.
“In 2017, 70% of Interise small businesses increased their annual revenues by an average of $399,600 with 80% of businesses retaining profitability.”Interwise works, 2018 Impact Report
The Online Application site remains open year round, learn more at: http://scaling4growth.interise.org/
If you have questions, please email: Kathryn.Dolan@sbsd.virginia.gov. For more information on the Lynchburg based program, or to RSVP for the information session, contact Stephanie Keener, Small Business Development Center – Lynchburg Region, firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-845-5966 x30.